For more information on the COVID-19 virus from the South African Department of Health, visit https://sacoronavirus.co.za/
Excellence in Education to the Glory of God
010 020 0783
Philosophy of Education
The King's School Vineyard
STATEMENT OF PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
We believe that God existed before the universe was created and that He holds all creation together (Col. 1:17). We believe that all people are created by God, in His image and for His purpose. “For everything absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, … everything got started in Him and finds it’s purpose in Him” (Col. 1:16). We believe that our life purpose, identity and significance are only revealed in God. The purpose of education is to assist children to discover their purpose and identity and to equip them with the necessary skills to fulfil this purpose in a meaningful way.
As The King's School Vineyard endeavours to fulfil its mission and realise its vision, our philosophy of education is characterised by the following commitments and that the Bible’s teachings are absolute, dependable and unchanging:
- We believe that all truth is found in God and is revealed to us in His Word, the Bible. Education then is the process by which truth, including wisdom, knowledge, skills and Christian values and attitudes are taught, discovered, learnt and applied. God’s handiwork is evident in all His creation and it is our desire to assist children to discover and enjoy His creative design.
- We believe that there should not be a separation between intellectual and character education. Jesus Christ is the full and complete revelation of the character of God and He is worthy to be imitated.
- We believe in the value of children and that we need to love them unconditionally. Children are a blessing from God with unique talents, gifts, potential and purpose. We shall provide a nurturing environment to facilitate the children’s recognition of their need for salvation. We shall provide opportunities for them to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour and grow in their relationship with Him.
- We believe in maintaining a rigorous and deliberate integration of Biblical Worldview and learning in all academic disciplines. The Biblical integration of every planned learning experience is crucial.
- We believe that our Christian Teachers are the living curriculum and must strive to consistently be dynamic and authentic expressions of Biblical principles. They teach not only by what they say and do but by who they are. They need to model humility, integrity, transparency, a serving heart and self-discipline and encourage these values in the children they teach. We believe that our teachers are called of God to represent Christ at our school.
- We believe in the value of family. The family and school should not be mutually exclusive or opposing influences in a child’s life. In fact, each should support and reinforce the values of the other. We desire for parents to be actively involved in their children’s education experiences and the broader life of the school community.
- We believe that we have been commissioned by God to extend His Kingdom on earth by effective and responsible stewardship of what He has given us. We strive to maintain an eternal perspective in teaching and daily operational procedures.